Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oriti Kenya “ Goodbye Kenya in Luo”

I was not ready to say goodbye to the amazing people I grew to care so much about when the time came for me to leave Mama na Dada. The three weeks I spent in Kunya village allowed me to make lasting friendships and unforgettable memories with people who were more welcoming than I could ever imagine. I feel a piece of my heart will always remain there and I look forward to when I can visit that place and those people again.


Although I only visited Namunyak Masai for one week, it was long enough to see that Emmanuel Tasur is an inspiring, passionate and motivated person from who I learned a lot. Transmara is a beautiful place that is very peaceful. Though many of the programs lack financial backing, the vision that Emmanuel has for his people and community is worth every penny one can spend to visit and help support.


No comments: